Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Holidays

Christmas time is my favorite time of the year. I remember as a child going to my Grandma and Granddaddy's house. There were a bunch of cousins and we all slept on the floor and the next day Santa had come. I never could figure out how he knew where we were going to be on Christmas morning. Then there was a time that my brothers and I would search every inch of the house looking for our gifts. We never could find them. Mom and Dad knew we would look. One Christmas, I broke my arm just before Christmas. I got the whole week off for the holidays. I spent one Christmas in the hospital with my newborn son. He was due like January 5 and came on Christmas eve. I have a twin brother and his first son was born on Christmas eve, too. Is that weird? My sister in law and I use to have an ongoing battle with Scrabble on Christmas Eve. She always won. I really think that she made up alot of words. I always said that the kids sucked all the brain cells out of my head and that is why I could not win. My mother loved to make wonderful foods. She made apricot coconut balls, cookies, Martha Washington balls, trash, oyster crackers, pies, rice and broccoli casserole and much much more. She always had sausage rolls and scrambled eggs for Christmas morning. I really miss those times. I will share some of the recipes with you during the holidays. Giving is a special time for me. I really love it with Cman. He is so cute and it will be fun watching him at Christmas time. I will have some cute things for him to have under the tree. It is always a joy to give to Erin, Jon, Sarah and Jeff, too. I miss Christmas day with my family.
We have shopped for a family that is less fortunate. I am praying that the family has a blessed Christmas Day. I am trying to think of something very special for the family, so that they really understand the true meaning of the holiday season.
I am blessed and know that Jesus is the reason of the season.

Lord, I pray that everything that I do and say this wonderful holiday season, that it will be honoring to You.
Happy Holidays!
Blog to ya later!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i love you lots. i cant wait to spend more time with you in a few weeks.