Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fancy Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Well, it has been along time since I blogged. I wanted to share a recipe that I made last night. Ken and I really enjoyed it. My niece always says that I am the queen of making grilled cheese sandwiches. This has a real twist to the sandwich.
FANCY GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded mozarella cheese
5 oz. softened cream cheese
1 and 1/4 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine. It forms a nice spreadable cheese mixture. Butter both sides of your bread. Spread on the bread and top with another slice. Cook on the griddle until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.
Oh, it is ooey gooey good. Enjoy.

I look forward to getting back to blogging and sharing. There is more to come.
Blog to ya later!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, cream cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich, did the Spirit speak this truth into your life?!? Now I've GOT to try this!!! Thanks for the recipe :)

Sarah said...

Its almost like clam dip in a grilled sandwhich. yummm!

Nena said...

Yeah, let me know what you gals think. I really liked it.

Jeff Stapleton said...

Boo....no mayonaise. I think mayonaise is one of those things that came out of God's curse on creation and man...but some people have forgotten